I'm a Clinical Exercise Physiologist (CEP) but don't be fooled by the name, although I'm specialised in exercise prescription, my treatment focus is on education and energy management to improve patient symptoms, independence, predictability, and overall quality of life.
Growing up in Australia and now living in the UK, I developed a passion for working in this field when I was diagnosed with PoTS, CFS/ME, and Endometriosis. Like many, I was faced with a challenging health journey and struggled to find adequate health care from practitioners who truly understood what I was going through.
I was eventually lucky enough to come across a CEP who not only helped me to get back on top of my health, but also took me on and trained me in this area. I still manage my health conditions today, but I have been fortunate enough to turn the biggest challenge of my life into the most rewarding profession.
My practice accommodates for all abilities and capacities and I provide services via Telehealth to eliminate the barrier of both distance and fatigue. I know that travelling to attend appointments in person can be fatiguing and finding specialised practitioners nearby isn't easy!
You might have also noticed the photos of my furry friend, Kai. She is my chronic companion and has supported me throughout my own health journey. Kai is also the face of my Instagram page @dog.autonomia, so be sure to look us up and follow along for tips and tricks on living life with chronic illness.
Qualifications & Experience
- Doctoral Student - PoTS Research
- Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology
- Undergraduate of Exercise & Sport Science
- Diploma of Fitness
- Clinical Exercise Physiologist (RCCP, UK)
- Exercise Referral Practitioner (CIMSPA, UK)
- Accredited Exercise Physiologist (ESSA, Aus)
- Accredited Exercise Scientist (ESSA, Aus)
- Accredited Sport Scientist Lv1 (ESSA, Aus)
- The Registration Council for Clinical Physiologists (RCCP, UK)
- The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA, UK)
- The British Association for CFS/ME (BACME, UK)
- Exercise & Sport Science Australia (ESSA, Aus)
- NOI Group - Explain Pain
- Project ECHO - The Ehlers Danlos Society
- Program ECHO - Long COVID & Fatiguing Illness Recovery
- With Pride - LGBTQIA+ Inclusion Training
- GC Health - Transgender Training
- Vital Skills - Safeguard Training
- PoTS UK - Peer Mentor (current)
- PoTS UK - Peer Support Facilitator (2021-22)